Monday, March 5, 2012

A poem

This poem is about two girls. Each stanza is told by each girl (older-younger-older-younger) except for the last one. I'll let you decide the rest of the specifics.
This is the picture that I based it off of.



I reassure you,
We will survive!
Trying to hide my doubt
Oh, please, let it be true!
Oh, please!


I wish I could believe you
I wish you were telling me the truth
Yet I look into the depths of your heart
And see only darkness of the worst kind.


I try to pretend everything will be all right
I smile and say what I desperately want to believe
Not asking the question I have to ask
Will we be all right?


I wish I could see the light
At the end of this long tunnel
But I am lost
And how will I be found without light?


There is no thin vein of hope
No fairy-tale ending
I hold you close,
Knowing
 

This is the last good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment