Monday, May 28, 2012

En Passant Review

Sum: Verde, a powerful and secret organization that controls the world, has a new leader. The only thing that stands in its way is an unlikely character, Kujou Shin, the king of pessimists. He has no attachments to anything or anyone and feels no hesitation to dying. He is unwillingly dragged into a fight for the most powerful position in the world, the leader of Verde. What will his fate be? (From Baka-Updates Manga)
Review: I found this manga really funny. It was pretty well-written and had a good idea that carried well with the art and writing style. The characters weren't amazingly original, and the "battle/contest for ____" theme wasn't particularly new. Although it only had 20 chapters, I feel that En Passant could have gone on a bit longer than it did. The last few chapters felt rushed, and the ending was a little pshed, too, although it seemed a bit more relaxed than the previous chapters. I, personally, liked the beginning best. It had a very easy-to-grasp concept and was fun to read. I was reading Witch Hunter while I read this series, and I have to say that it was En Passant that I enjoyed more, although I prefer Witch Hunter in the long term. Although the chess theme of this manga was a little overused, I rank En Passant a seven out of ten on the Kekkaishi scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment